Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goalkeeper Pepe Reina signs new six-year Liverpool deal

Go down

Goalkeeper Pepe Reina signs new six-year Liverpool deal Empty Goalkeeper Pepe Reina signs new six-year Liverpool deal

Post  Admin Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:21 am

Goalkeeper Pepe Reina signs new six-year Liverpool deal _47614415_008975521-1

Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina has committed his future to the club by signing a new six-year contract that is set to keep him at Anfield until 2016.
Reina, 27, joined from Villarreal in 2005 and has made 250 appearances.
"I'm delighted," the Spaniard told Liverpool's website. "It's probably the best news of my life that I'll be here for the next six years.
"It's very important that my family love it here as well, as family life is just as important as my career."
Reina added: "My wife told me from the beginning she was more than happy here.
"My kids enjoy it and they have picked up the Scouse accent already. I am really proud of that.
"In the years ahead they will speak much more Scouse too."
Reina's deal is further good news for the club after Thursday night's Europa League quarter-final victory over Benfica at Anfield.
It also follows new long-term contracts for Fernando Torres, captain Steven Gerrard, Dirk Kuyt, Daniel Agger and Yossi Benayoun in the past 12 months.
Reina arrived at Anfield in a £6m deal just weeks after Jerzy Dudek had earned a place in club folklore with his heroics in 2005 Champions League final penalty shoot-out victory over AC Milan.
The Spaniard took over from Dudek and made his own name with penalty saves in shoot-outs in the 2006 FA Cup final and 2007 Champions League semi-finals.
Reina has since established himself as one of the leading goalkeepers in the world although he remains second choice for his national side behind Real Madrid's Iker Casillas.
Reina came through the youth ranks at Barcelona and goalkeeping is in his blood; his father Miguel played in the position for both Barcelona and Atletico Madrid.

Admin
Admin

https://kunri.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down